Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Stash Bash} Felted Crochet Slippers Part 1


Joining in today for the first Stash Bash with Crunchy Catholic Mama. The idea of stash bash is to use up your pieces of your stash (of whatever your crafty stash might be), rather than purchasing new materials.

I have many stashes (Ask my husband) but this week I decided to go with the wool, since it is creeping outside of it's limits.

 I used up some wool I had found a while back at a thrift store on a wee, or not so wee crochet project.
 It's 100% wool, so I'm counting on this stuff to felt well.

I made some gigantic slippers for a friend , and they're about 5 sizes too big for me right now, and her feet are even smaller.
I plan on throwing them in a pillow case to felt them in the washer, and trying them on Reuben's feet (if  he'll let me) as we go, as his feet are just about the same size as hers. 



Next week I'll post back and let you know how the felting goes!

Also, I have a giveaway going on right now for a rubber stamp here, if you'd like to enter!

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!!!! Love it and love the shoe you made!! Did you come up with the pattern? Thanks for joining me in the Stash Bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tried to find a pattern I liked, but didn't really find anything that looked like a clog, which was what I was going for.
    If they turn out, i'll post the pattern;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the Stash Bash :) Your slippers turned out so sweet!! Love the colors :) Blessings, Collette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! They are so cute! They make feet happy. :D

    ReplyDelete