Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekending


Would you believe that I didn't take one picture this weekend? This makes me so sad! We did however, enjoy this video, time and time again.
 It really hits home for those who have tried to cater to certain allergies or food sensitivities, and dietary restrictions. Enjoy!


Our weekend was a bit more of a blur than intended-we had a little bit too much going on and just not enough time. Weekends like that remind me to make sure that the next one is much slower. MUCH slower.

Regardless, there were some really good moments, and I got some much needed *girl* time with my sister and our two childhood friends...the kind of friends that are just there for life. 


The ones you don't get to see as often as you like, but talk to daily.


The friends who will show up in the middle of the night with a hug and tea 
when your world is falling apart

the ones who are the first to hold your newborn babies

the ones you call when you think you're going crazy

the friends with whom you share your deepest regrets, proudest,
 or most embarrassing moments

the ones who have shared the bumpy road with you, and are still holding on

the friends who will always know who you really are, and come without judgement

I had forgotten how much I needed time with them. We stayed out past midnight, laughing and crying, and laughing so hard that we cried. We got in late, and are probably all suffering for it today, but it was well worth it.


5 comments:

  1. I love when I laugh so much I cry-so memorable. The best weekends are the photoless ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a true treasure, i've never had friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that kind of busy is a welcome busy, isn't it? i wish i had friends like that here. unfortunately mine are all far flung so enjoy your friends and lift a glass to me next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my friends who are that close. They are few and far between, but I do have a couple. Glad you had the chance to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like agood weekend. What a blessing to have such good friends. It's nice to know that you were so busy living life that your forgot to take pictures! Enjoy this week.

    ReplyDelete