Wednesday, August 15, 2012
This past weekend I finally finished up on my rae, I don't have it blocked yet though so I didn't bother to photograph it for this week. Next week! I've never blocked anything (I normally don't knit anything very large...), so that will be new.
I had to frog the lovey dovey, it was coming out so big that I didn't think Lotte would wear it until she was probably 4. I'm going to go down a needle size and see if that helps. I'm excited to start it over again, because it was looking really cute before I realized just how wide it looked.
I started on these little mice for my sister's babies that will be arriving sometime this fall.
*yes, another sister of mine is expecting multiples, just in case you think "deja-vu"! *
These little suckers are the tiniest things that I've ever knit. Normally I'd crochet something this small without a second thought, but wowee, these were a bit of a learning curve.
My wooden double pointed needles just didn't seem small enough for some of those ssk's.
After I relaxed a bit though, the pieces got a bit easier, and my stitches got a little looser, which helped a great deal.
I've finished up a head, a body, two feet, and one ear. The feet were the strangest things I've ever knit. It works in a knit, slip, knit, slip, knit type pattern. And in the end you have two sides, and the whole thing turns inside out. That was a surprise!
(I'm sure all you knitting pros are laughing at this right now, but It really did amaze me!)
I can't wait to get these little guys assembled, they're so cute! I'm not making the entire mobile in the pattern though, just the little mouses.
I haven't done much reading other than patterns this week, but Lotte sure has.
I had to remedy the situation by packing the books in so tightly that she can no longer pull them out. She's a little miffed at me, but I think she'll get over it.