Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{Yarn Along} :Gretal

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?






This week I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done, household chores (a.k.a more laundry than usual and a basement clean-out) needed to be addressed instead.
I did however manage to finish one of the hats that my sister requested for her little girls
. {Project notes here.}

I plan on doing some modifications to it for the next one, maybe adding some eyelet further up than just the brim, and using nicer wool. I always like to use the cheaper stuff when i'm "winging-it", so to speak.

Reading has been slowed a bit this week, I did start another book though on top of the ones i'm already reading. Mark and I saw "Les Miserables" last week which inspired me to re-read it. As good as the movie is, it's so much more about the music than the depth of the character development- (Which is fine, it would be 8 hours long if they did both character development AND music.) 
I hadn't read the book since high school though and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. 
This one might take me a while as i'm reading it secondary to other books, and on top of that, I'm reading it on my phone since my e-reader went kaput. It's a slightly frustrating way to read, but at least I still have access to my downloaded books!

Yarning along with Ginny


P.S. Don't forget that week two of the lexicon project is going up tomorrow over at HouseFullOfJays.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the hat is darling!!!! Love the color too! I can't say I've ever made it through Les Miserables, and have yet to see the movie, but you've inspired me a bit to maybe give it a go again. I always love reading books and then watching the movie after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hat!!! I love the back of the hat and well as the brim :) I read les mis in HS too, I have yet to re read it, it is such a commitment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that hat! and the color is great. i have not yet read Les Mis... maybe i should give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still so impressed by the hat! You are incredible!

    And Les Mis...I've had it on the shelf for a while. I keep wanting to read it considering I love the classics so but it. is. so. long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that hat - the back is so neat! Les Mis is on my reading list for sure - glad to hear you like it!

    ReplyDelete