Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{Yarn Along}

 
I would love to tell you that I've been super productive this week in my knitting and crochet, but it's been a housework week-as in, deep cleaning. Why am I all or nothing? 

I did manage to get the sole of my other slipper finished, I really want to get these finished and felted!

Of course, I'm still plugging away at Dad's scarf
While it's taking a while, the scarf and I are beginning to become old friends. I find that it really isn't the pain in my side that I thought it might become, but rather something pleasant to come back to after a long day. 

The scarf comes with me when I leave the house-I never know if I might end up waiting in the car while Mark goes into the hardware store, or if Lotte will sleep through the boys' swimming lessons and let me knit a few rows...I think it's wise to always have a little stitchy something along just in case. I even bring it to Church

While some might find that odd, I really can't pay attention to speaking much without having my hands busy, sometimes even during movies. I'm often drawing, carving or knitting. I also find it a horrid waste of time, to be sitting, and doing nothing.

Oh, And the minister of the Church can't argue, because he's my Dad, and the scarf is for him.  Besides, if he sees my hands busy he knows I'm listening. I am his daughter, after all. I think he's aware of how attention deficit I can be.

I've finally found a novel to click with. It took a while, but the hunt was worth it. 
I'm now on chapter 4 of "Water for Elephants". 
I have no clue what the movie is like, but so far the book is captivating and exciting. I really appreciate the work that the author went to in describing everything in such vivid detail. 

Of course, it goes without saying, that I'll probably love the book a whole lot more than the movie, when I finally get to see it. Isn't that always the way?

.....



For more weekly yarn along stories, visit Ginny at Small things.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I take my knitting everywhere, too. Yesterday I was reading with my knitting across the book while Dan drove. We had to stop at Safeway quickly and he thought I might like the chance to run, "Nope, I'm good here." :) You never know when you can get a few rows done!
    And watching a screen without knitting in hand just seems wrong now...
    I'm excited to see the finished slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband complains too that I never sit still. But how can you not do something while sitting and watching, or sitting in the car... I asked my mum once why she didn't knit while on the bus to work. She looked at me as if I'd lost my marbles - so I'm glad there are others out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as another one that is always knitting. I can never keep my hands idle for long! Water for Elephants is on my to read list. One more book to read and then I am starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, so jealous! I would love to be able to bring my latest project to church with me every Sunday.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  5. knitting was just made to go along, i can't imagine being without it! your slipper looks so cute. and i loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to laugh - I used to knit in class and my teachers hated it! But I always felt that I paid more attention when my hands were busy. :)

    ReplyDelete